Want to join a fun, hard-working team? Greenscape Geeks is hiring the following positions.
We are looking for a fun and environmentally-conscious individual who has an affinity for green design, landscape restoration, and making the world a better place. Typical weekly duties include on-site meetings with clients, completion of CAD drawings, estimate generation, general correspondence, and relaying information to the installation crew.
This position is best suited for someone who enjoys seeing the tangible results of their work and being rewarded appropriately for it. Because this is a commission-based position, there are no income caps.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
- Two years experience in the design/build industry or green/sustainable design preferred.
- An accredited landscape architecture degree preferred. Landscape design degree with enough experience to qualify for landscape architecture licensing acceptable. Willingness to sit for landscape architecture license would be ideal.
- Work closely with homeowners, property managers, and business owners to create a sustainable master plan that is both aesthetically pleasing and good for the environment. Designer will be expected to sell both the design and oversee installation.
- Perform site analyses that include the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, lighting, views, and architecture style of the house.
- Work independently to create detailed yet easily understood design plan documents to scale using a CAD program.
- Compile supporting documents of materials and plant images and information for clients and crew.
- Strong and clear communication skills with clients, crew, and office management. Review plans, proposed changes, and any other necessary documents with clients and crew.
- Knowledge of and advocacy for North American native plants and sustainable design. The ability to research local topics such as plants, HOA guidelines, and municipal and state codes.
- Oversees progression of projects to ensure that they are completed as planned.
- Keep detailed records of on-site visits, client interactions, correspondence, and sales process.
Installation technicians are the backbone of our business and are key to providing a quality product. They are responsible for site preparation, use of heavy machinery, retaining walls, small patios, fire pits, planting, trimming, mulching, cleanup, and other maintenance/construction tasks as needed.
While prior experience is preferred, it is not required. Driver’s license preferred.
A typical work week consists of 40 hours, from Monday to Friday (weather permitting) and includes a variety of tasks. Installation technicians should expect a fast-pace work environment that is different everyday. Heavy lifting and digging is required. Promotion to crew leader is possible for high performing employees with a leadership attitude.